- Online Wellbeing Resources
Psych Central: One-stop index for psychology, support, and mental health issues.
Self-Help Books: Tools for you to use for information, guidance, encouragement. Learn from others who have grappled with similar issues.
Transition Year: Your source for emotional health at college from the JED Foundation
Coastal Detox- Substance Abuse Resource
- LGBTQ Student Supports: AC Online and Accrdited Online Schools
- Teacher As Allies
- Guidebook to Diversity in the Classroom
- RehabSpot: Substance abuse in the LGBTQ community
- •Live Another Day - Extensive information on mental health and substance use resources for people of color. Their mission is equal access to life-saving resources. They have guides for black, Latinx, Asian, and native people.
- •Detox Local - An extensive list of mental health and substance use resources specifically for the AAPI (American Asian and Pacific Islander) community.
- Black Underrepresentation in Addiction Treatment -Discusses the idea of ‘underrepresentation' in more detail looking at common barriers, legal biases and the importance of cultural competency.
- A Guide to Drug Addiction & Recovery for African Americans- African Americans may experience more barriers to treatment than other groups, this guide can help one become aware of payment options and how to find providers who understand the issues unique to this population.
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Among African Americans -Provides helpful statistics, looks at the differences in substance abuse patterns across the black population, and treatment options to consider.
Information in this site is not intended to replace a one-on-one consultation with a licensed mental health worker. If you are a student having problems, we urge you to contact us at 412.396.6204 to schedule an appointment.