Counseling is an interaction between a person who feels "stuck" in some way and another person who is trained in helping people get "unstuck."
- FREE to all currently enrolled Duquesne University students.
Contact the UCS at 412-396-6204 to schedule an appointment
Why Begin Counseling?
College students typically seek counseling because they need help with a particular problem or issue, or they are experiencing stress or feelings they don't understand.
- Difficulty adjusting to college life
- Distress due to conflicts with family, friends or partner
- Poor self esteem or self-confidence
- Social anxiety, test anxiety
- Troublesome eating behavior
- Stress management
- Many other issues
Information in this site is not intended to replace a one-on-one consultation with a licensed mental health worker. If you are a student having problems, we urge you to contact us at 412.396.6204 to schedule an appointment.