Medical and Nursing Services
The Staff of Duquesne University Health Services, a division of the Center for Student Wellbeing, is committed to:
- Providing comprehensive, competent, and confidential health care to all full time undergraduate and graduate students for the education of the mind, heart, and spirit
- Creating a compassionate environment that encourages students to take responsibility for their personal health, fitness, and education by promoting and guiding healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
- Embracing the uniqueness of every individual, while upholding the University Mission to Serve God by Serving Students so that they, in turn, can serve others; striving to identify and address individual student needs.
- Enabling students to participate fully in their educational process by providing their healthcare needs and preparing them for life beyond as health-minded educated consumers of healthcare in society.
- Our own mission, and to collaborating and cooperating with other departments of the Center for Student Wellbeing throughout the University community in a shared initiative for the advancement of well-being, acknowledging and integrating the seven dimensions of wellness; spiritual, emotional, intellectual, occupational, physical, social, and environmental.
Health Services provides students with:
- Routine, acute and primary medical care; comprehensive evaluation and treatment of illness and injury
- Allergy injections (if ordered by a student's allergist, and subject to review & approval by DUHS staff physician) Students must provide serum & instructions. Nominal fee per semester.
- Routine physical exams for sports participation, school requirement, employment, driver's license, and general annual wellness physical examination and consultation.
- Sexual health related issues, testing, treatment, and disease screening.
- Nutritional consultations by appointment.
- Health Services prescribes through the UPMC Community Pharmacies with daily delivery to campus. (Most major insurance plans accepted). Other pharmacies are utilized if requested by the student.
- Limited "starter" doses and "over the counter" medicines provided at minimum cost.
Using Health Services
Health Services is an in-network participating provider with many student health insurance plans.
ALL ELIGIBLE STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE (IN DORI, THROUGH THE HEALTH SERVICES PORTAL) THE FOLLOWING:
(1) Electronic submission of the Student Health History electronic form
(3) Upload copy of insurance card
The Deadline for submission of the Duquesne University Immunization Verification form and the health history for new or transfer students entering for Fall Term: July 31, 2018 for winter term: January 3, 2019.
What you should know:
- We offer same-day appointments and accept walk-ins, prioritized depending upon severity of issue
- RN staff triage all phone calls, walk-ins, and appointment requests to assure optimal care
- All visits to Health Services are confidential unless consent is obtained from students to release Protected Health Information. Health Services is in compliance with HIPAA.
- You may email health services email@example.com for non-confidential communication.The content of emails sent to DUHS is confidential and is limited to general information for Duquesne University Health Service, but is NOT to be used for personal information, advice, or appointment scheduling.
- Follow us on Twitter: @DUQHealthServ
LOCATION : 2nd floor Duquesne Union
HOURS: 7:30am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 7:30a-4:00p on Friday during the Academic Year, alternate hours during holidays and summers.
PLEASE CALL: 412.396.1650 for an appointment for all services except emergencies
EMERGENCY CARE/AFTER HOURS CARE: Call Public Safety (Campus Police) 412.396.2677 (COPS) or click here for more information.