On Campus Clinical Health Services
The Staff of Duquesne University Health Services, a division of the Center for Student Wellbeing, is committed to:
- Providing comprehensive, competent, and confidential health care to all full time undergraduate and graduate students for the education of the mind, heart, and spirit
- Creating a compassionate environment that encourages students to take responsibility for their personal health, fitness, and education by promoting and guiding healthy lifestyles and disease prevention.
Health Services provides students with
- Acute and chronic disease and illness state management
- Injury care
- Preventative medical care and annual wellness exams (for selective insurances)
- Sexual health related screening, treatment and counseling
- Minor procedures
- Elevated level of care including EKG's, IV hydration, prolonged monitoring of health status
- Complete physicals for administrative, sports, school-required, work, and drivers(DOT) **Fee applies to physicals**
- Tuberculosis(TB) screening by PPD skin test or IGRA blood test **fee applies to testing**
- allergy injections and specialized injections
- ADHD continuation services (prescription monitoring)
- Laboratory/phlebotomy services
- Nutritional consultations by appointment
Using Health Services
Duquesne University Health Services is an in-network participating provider with a vast variety of Medical Insurance suppliers. We ask that you call your insurance company to verify what coverage is available for the student while staying in the Pittsburgh area.
All eligible students are required to complete the following in the Health Services Portal:
- Electronic submission of the Student Health History electronic form ( form is to be completed on the DORI site)
- Electronic submission/upload of the Duquesne University Immunization Verification Form through the Health Service Portal. Instructions for using the Health Service Portal
- Upload copy of insurance card
What you should know
- We offer same-day appointments and accept walk-ins, prioritized depending upon severity of issue
- RN staff triage all phone calls, walk-ins, and appointment requests to assure optimal care
- All visits to Health Services are confidential unless consent is obtained from students to release Protected Health Information. Health Services is in compliance with HIPAA.
- You may email health services at email@example.com for non-confidential communication. The content of emails sent to DUHS is confidential and is limited to general information for Duquesne University Health Service, but is NOT to be used for personal information, advice, or appointment scheduling.
- Follow us on Twitter: @DUQHealthServ