Other Specialized and Professional Clinical Services
Health Services Provides:
Consultation with a Registered Dietician
Barbara Benedict, MS, RD, LDN
By appointment only. Call 412.396.1650 to schedule
- Coordinates with Health Services physician as necessary
- Inter-referral to University Counseling Services for disordered eating in order to provide an integrated, holisitic team approach for case management.
- Courtesy service available limited times each week during the academic year
- Telemed videoconferencing appointments available by appointment
Continuation Therapy for Allergy Desensitization Injections (Allergy shots)
Xenia Duris, R.N.
Only when prescribed by an Allergy & Immunology Specialist, and the allergy injection patient packet is printed, completed by the physician, and returned.
Injections managed and provided by Allergy Nurse Specialist, Xenia Duris, under direction of the Health Services primary physician and in accordance with policies and procedures governing allergy injections.
Students must provide serum and completed documentation from prescribing allergist, which will be stored under locked refrigeration in Health Services.
ADHD Management (For students currently prescribed)
Participation with Health Services ADHD continuation only if the ADHD patient protocol packet is printed, completed, and returned.
Provided by a multidisciplinary medical team including Health Services clinical providers, a clinical pharmacist for ongoing medication management, in accordance with established policies and procedures governing controlled substance prescriptions for ADHD.
NO STORAGE of medication available in the Health Services office.
For students prescribed pharmacologic treatments that require regular administration as prescribed by outside medical providers, including:
- All current documentation of provider order or original prescription container provided to Health Services staff, and at the discretion of Health Services clinical staff
- Medication provided by student
- NO STORAGE for medication available in Health Services office
Bloodwork order from outside medical providers (processed through Quest Diagnostics* reference laboratory, and at the discretion of Health Services clinical staff.)
*Check with your insurance carrier to see if they participate with Quest Diagnostics
Travel and Study Abroad Consultation
Conducted in collaboration with the Center for Pharmacy Care travel health experts and the Duquesne University physician, who is a Diplomat in Tropical & Travel Medicine and Hygiene
By appointment only – contact the Health Services Office at 412.396.1650.