Health Services is conveniently located in the Duquesne Union - 2nd Floor (adjacent to the elevators)
We are the primary healthcare provider for students on campus. Services provided are confidential, comprehensive and are available to all registered students. We provide the following services and more:
- Acute care of illness, injury, and routine medical problems including sexual health
- Chronic illness management
- Preventative medical care and annual wellness exams
- Physical exams* for sports, travel/study abroad, employment, driver's license, volunteer requirements (*fees apply)
- Minor procedures
- Elevated level of care including: EKG, IV hydration and prolonged health status monitoring
- Nutritional consults
- TB skin tests and blood testing for tuberculosis screening
- Allergy injections
- ADHD continuation care
- Laboratory and phlebotomy services
- We partner with Quest Labs as our reference lab
- Miscellaneous confidential testing through an independent reference lab
- STI screenings with diagnosis and treatment; billable to insurance or self-pay option available.
- Services on behalf of an outside medical provider (with an official order) such as therapeutic injections, lab work, etc.
Eligibility for Use of Services
Health Services provides care to all registered students.
All new and transfer students are required to:
- Submit the Duquesne Immunization Verification Form as required via DORI and the Health Services Patient Portal
- Complete a health history (pre-entrance physical exam is not required)
Current Medical Insurance is necessary.
Prescription Delivery to Campus and RX Transfer
Health Services partners with a local retail pharmacy, the UPMC Community Pharmacies, for medication delivery to campus.
Medications prescribed by Health Service's providers will be electronically sent to and delivered the same-day by the UPMC Community Pharmacies, unless otherwise specified by the student.
Students on various existing maintenance medications can have their prescriptions transferred from their home pharmacy to the near-campus UPMC Community Pharmacies while residing on campus or commuting from a local living arrangement. These medications will also be delivered to Health Services. Please fill out the prescription transfers form for prescription transfers.