Duquesne University Cultural Ambassadors (DUCA)
The Duquesne University Cultural Ambassadors (DUCA) are a student organization that works closely with the Center for Global Engagement to build an inviting and inclusive atmosphere for international students at Duquesne University. Cultural Ambassadors serve as a resource for prospective international students, current students, and the Center for Global Engagement.
Find us on CampusLink or email DUCA@duq.edu
Become a Cultural Ambassador!
- Have you ever been in a completely new situation and wished that you had someone to help you get settled?
- Have you returned from a semester abroad and are you looking for a way to keep connected with international cultures?
- Are you a current international student who remembers what it was like when you first arrived to the U.S.?
- Are you interested in being a friend to the international community at Duquesne?
Cultural Ambassadors (CAs) are current students at Duquesne University who have already been through the process of settling into a new environment, and who now want to help other students navigate the process. As a CA, you will be paired with prospective and incoming international students who are interested in Duquesne, and you will be their personal connection to the university as they work through the decision, acceptance, orientation, and settling-in phases of the admissions and arrival process. You will be able to help students in various ways:
1. Be a resource for prospective and accepted international students
- Connect with prospective and accepted international students through email to answer questions and help them better understand Duquesne University and Pittsburgh
- Meet with and give campus tours to prospective international students who are visiting Duquesne
2. Welcome new students
- Connect with incoming international students to help them prepare for their arrival to the university
- Actively participate in international orientation events to assist new students as they transition into life at DU and in America
3. Maintain connections
- Become a source of support for international students throughout the semester as they settle in to life at DU and in America
- Help plan and attend events for international students
Being a Cultural Ambassador is a rewarding experience!
- Be a friend to international students
- Be a part of the international community at Duquesne
- Participate in many fun events
- Take advantage of student leadership opportunities
- Develop intercultural understanding and communication
- Become a global citizen!
We are always looking for responsible, committed, and open-minded students to join the Cultural Ambassadors! Begin the process of becoming a Cultural Ambassador now by completing this short online application. Once we receive your application, we will reach out to you with more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at DUCA@duq.edu.
Find us on campus link!