Pittsburgh – One of America’s Most Livable Cities
Duquesne University is situated in the heart of Pittsburgh, a vibrant and safe city that has been recognized worldwide for its livability, welcoming atmosphere and professional opportunities. For 2022, Pittsburgh was ranked one of the 11 Best U.S. Cities for Young Professionals by Spacewise. Also for 2022, Bloomberg named Pittsburgh the most affordable city for housing, even as accommodation costs around the globe surge.
Additionally, National Geographic listed Pittsburgh among 30 of the Best Cities in the United States based on unconventional metrics believed to lead to happiness, including: green spaces, galleries, coffee shops, breweries, music venues, "Instagrammable" moments and more.
Duquesne students are an important part of the emerging economic and social greatness of the University's home. In fact, Pittsburgh recently jumped to No. 13 in rankings for the world's emerging startup companies.
Campus, which offers breathtaking views of Pittsburgh and its three rivers, is a short walk from downtown and only 30 minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport.
Learn more about our exciting and friendly city:
- For 2022-23, U.S. News & World Report ranked Pittsburgh as the #1 best city in Pennsylvania to live in and #26 in the country.
- WalletHub named Pittsburgh the nation's best city for football fans in both 2022 and 2021.
- In 2022, Fodor's Travel declared Pittsburgh as one of the best coffee destinations in America.
- Pittsburgh is among the top 10 best cities for STEM jobs, according to WalletHub.
- Condé Nast Traveler named Pittsburgh among its top 10 Best Big Cities in the U.S. for 2019.
- CNBC named Pittsburgh the No. 1 U.S. city for young people based on job opportunities, affordability and livability.
- Global Livability Index 2018 named Pittsburgh the second most livable city in America.
- Pittsburgh named one of four tech hubs in the U.S. to watch in 2018 via VentureBeat.
- The Daily Meal named Pittsburgh the Hippest City in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Pittsburgh tops the list of cities in the U.S. where downtown is making a comeback.
- A joint Trulia and LinkedIn index ranks Pittsburgh No. 1 among America's 40 strongest job markets based on what they have to offer recent college grads.
- Livability.com ranks Pittsburgh among the Top 10 Downtowns in the U.S.
- Pittsburgh has been recognized as one of the top 10 winners in the TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice awards for Destinations on the Rise for 2016.
- Zagat ranks Pittsburgh the No. 1 food city in the country for 2015.
- MSN Money cites Pittsburgh's stable housing market, influx of tech companies such as Google, "up-and-coming" neighborhoods, startup culture and role in the oil industry as some of the many factors that make it one of the 15 hottest American cities for 2015.
- We pride ourselves on having one of the nation’s safest urban campuses.
- There are many ways to have fun in Pittsburgh, from exploring our rich Art & Culture to going to a concert or sporting event—the PPG Paints Arena, home of the Pittsburgh Penguins and hundreds of events a year, is next door to campus—to taking time to relax and enjoy the night life and local eateries.