Student Life: Helping you achieve your bigger goals
Whether you are living on campus or commuting to Duquesne, you can expand your horizons and enhance your college experience through everything our Division of Student Life has to offer.
Explore Duquesne’s Student Life Departments
The Student Life staff is dedicated to helping students stay healthy, get along with others, find good living arrangements, enhance leadership skills and prepare for the future. The staff of these departments can always lend a hand.
- Center for Career Development: Directs you toward a successful career path, from choosing the right major to assisting with resume writing to conducting mock interviews
- Center for Student Involvement (CSI): GETTING INVOLVED on campus is one of the best ways to make the most of your college experience. CSI is the home of Commuter Affairs, Community Engagement, Greek Life, Student Organization Services, Programs and Leadership. We invite you to CONNECT and explore ways to become an active part of campus life! We hope the opportunities offered by CSI will INSPIRE you to ENGAGE with our campus and Pittsburgh communities during your time at Duquesne.
- Center for Student Wellbeing: Free and confidential counseling services are available to help students with a particular problem or issue, unusual stress, unmanageable feelings or other needs
- Disability Services: Provides disability accommodations to our students with particular needs
- Diversity and Inclusion: Offers our diverse population a network of support services and co-curricular learning opportunities
- DU CARES: Teaches students basic information about the dangers of alcohol and other drugs, and offers various services relating to these matters
- Freshman Development: Helps first-year students and their families transition to college life
- Health Service: Is here to maintain the health and wellness of our students by providing physician and nursing care, routine physical exams, emergency care and more
- Recreation: From classes to intramurals to the Power Center, many options at Duquesne make working out challenging, fun and inspiring
- Residence Life: Features a highly trained staff of live-in resident directors, graduate assistants and resident assistants who are here to provide students living on campus with support 24 hours a day
- Student Conduct: Enforces the Code of Student Conduct and helps maintain a safe campus community