On-Campus Interview Program
Our On-Campus Interview Program (OCI) is open to employers who are recruiting candidates for internships and/or career opportunities for graduating students or alumni. We want you to be successful and have a positive experience at Duquesne University. These few tips should assist you as well as show you how we can help.
What are the dates for OCI?
- Fall Semester: end of September – 1st week of December
- Spring Semester: 1st week of February – mid-April
Additional opportunities may be available outside of these dates; please contact the Recruiting Coordinator to check availability.
How do I schedule an OCI date?
You can request your interview date directly through Handshake or by contacting Kim Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-396-6645. Schedule your date as early as possible. We have limited interview space; therefore dates fill up quickly. Please make sure you request the appropriate # of rooms when you make your initial reservation. Interview rooms are to be used primarily for interviews; we can’t guarantee space for other reasons.
After your date is confirmed, you will receive an email with instructions for logging into Handshake to post/attach the opportunities you will be interviewing on campus.
What will my interview schedule look like?
A typical interview schedule consists of 12 30-minute interview slots beginning at 9 a.m. and ending at 4 p.m. with a lunch break from 12 – 1 p.m. Interview lengths can vary from 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes, but should be decided upon when the interview schedule is initially reserved. We can also adjust the begin/end times if arrangements are made in advance. Our normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
What’s the difference between a Pre-Select schedule and an Open schedule?
A pre-select schedule allows an employer to prescreen all resumes prior to their interview date. The recruiter then decides which candidates they would like to accept or designate as alternates and only those candidates are able to schedule interviews. An open schedule allows any candidate who meets the minimum requirements (as set by the employer) to schedule an interview. Schedules are defaulted to the pre-select option, as this is most common option for employers.
What’s the next step and when can I expect to receive resumes?
- Once you post your opportunities on Handshake, we will make the postings viewable to students. Students will submit their resumes through Handshake.
- If you have selected the Pre-Select option, you will be able to review each resume and make your selections through Handshake or email the Recruiting Coordinator with your selections. If you need to make any changes to your interview schedule (i.e. # of slots, start/end time, etc), this is the last opportunity to make these changes before students schedule their interview times.
- 2-3 days prior to your interview date, you will receive a copy of your interview schedule along with directions to campus and parking information.
How do I know what the deadline dates will be?
Deadline dates can be adjusted through Handshake or by contacting the Recruiting Coordinator. Please keep in mind, these dates were set up to give the recruiter time to select students, but also to allow ample time for students to schedule their interview times, re-arrange their class/work schedules (if necessary), and properly research the organizations.
The interview day is here, where do I go?
Get information on directions and /parking. Interviews are held in our office, which is located in 614 Duquesne Union.