The Center for Career Development has established these guidelines to create a fair and transparent process for full-time jobs and internships.
- For all offers extended for summer internships or full-time employment, employers should allow students until October 1 or a minimum of two weeks from the date of the written offer, whichever is later, for students to accept or decline any offer.
- Employers should be flexible in granting offer extensions on a case-by-case basis if the circumstances warrant it.
- The written offer should clearly state all appropriate terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, position title/description, location, benefits, start date, salary, bonuses, etc.
- All bonuses or other incentives are to remain in full effect for the entire duration of the offer period.
- Students are encouraged to contact employers well before the offer deadline if they have any questions or concerns about their offers, including needing more time to make their decisions.