Choosing a Landlord
To learn more about a particular landlord, research by Googling the landlord/company name and talking to current tenants. Find out what their experience has been and ask questions such as:
- Was the apartment/house ready to move in at the start of the lease term?
- Was it easy to get in touch with the landlord?
- Does the landlord make repairs in a timely fashion?
- Is the landlord respectful and easy to work with?
- Would you rent again from this landlord?
- Do they have a rating with the Better Business Bureau?