Virtual Day Schedule
9am-9:30am - Student Activities Fair
- Take a look at all of the videos/documents in the Student Activities subpage to get a sense of ways to be an active and engaged member of the Duquesne community!
9:30am-10am - Academic Advisement Session
- Visit your Academic School subpage and view a video from your school about important need-to-know information for before you start your first year at Duquesne.
10am-11:50 am - Learn about Student Support Services
- Take some time before the afternoon starts to view all of the videos recorded by our support services offices at Duquesne! Offices that are featured include Disability Services, the Center for Excellence in Diversity and Student Inclusion, Campus Ministry, Global Engagement and more!
10am-11:50am - FAST Lab Zoom Breakout Rooms
- The FAST Info Session subpage has all of the information you need to know regarding the FAST Lab checklist to complete before you start classes. Campus staff are available in a zoom room to answer any general questions that you have related to financial aid, your student account, accessing DORI, and your student health insurance portal.
10:30am-11am - Honors College Helpful Hints
- Join Maggie Allen, staff member in Admissions and the Honors College, to learn about some helpful hints as you navigate all things Honors College!
11:50am-12pm - Welcome Message from President Gormley!
- The start of the live sessions in the afternoon is a welcome from our university president!
12pm-1pm - Dining, ID Card Services, and Campus Banking
- Learn about these various campus services by watching a video and live chatting with staff from each respective office.
1pm-1:30pm - Computer Store Information
- Not sure what type of laptop, iPad/tablet, or other electronic devices to purchase? Chat with Computer Store staff to see what might be a good fit for you!
1:30pm-2pm - Orientation 2021: On Our Way
- Get some great information from the Director of Orientation 2021, Shayaan Meyers, about the Orientation schedule, move-in day, and events that are happening throughout the week! You will have a chance to ask questions during this session as well.
2pm-2:30pm - Academic Affairs Q&A
- Join administrators from the Office of the Provost to learn about how Academic Affairs can help support you in and out of the classroom during your time at Duquesne. You will be able to submit questions to our presenters during this presentation.
2:30pm-3pm - Commuter Affairs Information Session
- Obtain information related to all things commuting, the Commuter Center, and programs/events that the Office of Commuter Affairs holds during the year.
2:30pm-3pm - Residence Life Information Session
- Learn about the various Residence Life staff members that are here to help you during your time at Duquesne, along with important information about your residence hall rooms, safety, and campus protocols.
3pm-3:30pm - Residence Hall LLC Zoom Tours
- Visit the Residence Life subpage to click the zoom link for your residence hall tours! Tours will be available for St. Ann, Towers, and Assumption Hall. Please make sure to join the tour of the residence hall you will be living in for the Academic Year!
3:30pm-4pm - Residence Life Q&A
- Join Alydia Thomas, Associate Director of Residence Life and Courtney Stinebiser, Resident Director, to ask questions about living on-campus! You will be able to submit questions to our presenters during this presentation.
4pm-4:30pm - First-Year Tips from Freshman Development
- Join Coordinator of Student Involvement, Ashley Kane, for tips and tricks of navigating your first year of college! Ashley will go over helpful information for both students and parents during this session.