The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) recently honored the 2022-2023 outstanding faculty and graduate student educators at the annual Celebration of Teaching Excellence Awards ceremony.
The Creative Teaching Awards recognize faculty who use creativity and innovation in their teaching methods and have assessed the impact of those methods on student learning.
The 2022-2023 faculty recipients are:
- Dr. Ralph Klotzbaugh, assistant professor in the School of Nursing, for Addressing the Need for Clinical Knowledge Related to LGBTQ+ Patient Care, Needs, and Competencies among Nursing Students in a Required Cultural Health Course
- Professor Wesley M. Oliver and Adjunct Professor Morgan Gray, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law, for The Development and First Offering of Coding for Lawyers Course.
The Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Teaching recognizes teaching effectiveness by graduate students through a portfolio process in which they demonstrate rigorous student learning, reflection on feedback and leadership in teaching among graduate students.
The graduate award recipients are:
- Jaclyn Berg, Department of Philosophy, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts
- Kyle Emerson, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Victoria Hrach, Department of Biological Sciences, Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences.
The CTE also expresses its gratitude to colleagues who have embodied the "Spirit of CTE" by helping foster an environment where teaching is considered an art that grows through scholarship, practice, reflection and collaboration.
The “Spirit of CTE” honorees are:
- Dr. Pamala Dillon, assistant professor or management, Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
- Dr. James Purdy, associate professor of English/writing studies and director of the University Writing Center, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts
- Dr. Rana Zakerzadeh, assistant professor of biomedical engineering, John G. Rangos Sr. School of Health Sciences.
May 08, 2023