Forensic Fridays Series Kicks Off with a Look at Fracking
The 2014-15 Forensic Fridays series at Duquesne University kicks off this week with a look at environmental, toxicological, legal and public policy issues surrounding fracking.
The Forensics of Fracking: The Science and Law of Hydraulic Gas Extraction will be held Friday, Sept. 12, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Power Center Ballroom on campus.
Hosted by Duquesne's Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law, the Forensic Fridays series was developed to regularly offer continuing legal education (CLE) and other professional education opportunities in shorter courses that are more convenient for busy schedules.
Featured presenters at The Forensics of Fracking include:
- John Smith, partner at Smith Butz
- Scott Perry, deputy secretary of the Office of Oil and Gas Management, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Paul Carlson, president of Protera Laboratories
- Dr. John Stolz, director of Duquesne University's Center for Environmental Research and Education
- Dr. Fred Fochtman, associate professor of pharmacology at Duquesne University
- Dr. Lenore Resick, clinical professor of nursing and the Noble J. Dick Endowed Chair in Community Outreach, Duquesne University
- Steven Baicker-McKee, assistant professor of law at Duquesne University, and of counsel for Litigation Services and Energy and Natural Resources Groups.
The Forensics of Fracking is presented in conjunction with the Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences and the Center for Environmental Research and Education.
For more information, including CLE and professional education credit details, cost and available discounts, and registration, visit www.duq.edu/forensics, call 412-396-1330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.