All grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements awarded to Duquesne University must be reviewed to make certain that each agreement is supportive of the DU mission and that the rights of the researchers are protected. Because Duquesne University (not the school, department, center, or individual faculty member) is the legal entity for all awards, the award must be processed through the Office of Research and Innovation to ensure that Duquesne University can accept any conditions imposed on the award.
The Post Award Services Office works in tandem with the Office of Research and Innovation to provide exceptional service to the University Community as well as external representatives of federal and non-federal sponsoring agencies. This function reports directly to the University Controller.
For more information, Duquesne faculty can visit Post Award Services in the Controller's section of the DORI Intranet.
For post-award grant assistance please contact:
Principal Investigator's (PI's) Responsibility
The following list outlines some of the PI's responsibilities when completing sponsored research.
- Conducting the research project in accordance with the proposed research and the terms and conditions of the award. Please note that the sponsor's written approval is required for a significant change the scope of work.
- Managing project resources to ensure timely and successful completion of the project.
- Approving expenses charged to the project account.
- Timely reporting (progress, interim, final reports, etc.) to the funding agency as outlined in grant agreement.
- Ensuring responsible conduct of research and compliance.
- Level of Effort: PI's must work with their chair and dean to determine the appropriate level of effort on various research projects.