2023 Undergraduate Research & Scholarship Symposium
Duquesne University's Office of Research and Innovation hosts an annual Undergraduate Research & Scholarship Symposium, allowing DU undergraduate students from all disciplines the opportunity to present their research and other forms of scholarship with faculty, peers, and the local community.
The 2023 Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held in the Power Center Ballroom on Wednesday, April 19, 2023. Virtual poster sessions and accompanying videos will be available for students, judges, faculty, and attendees to browse via the Symposium platform for the duration of Undergraduate Research Week from April 17-21.
Submit your abstracts by Monday, March 20, 2023
URSS Helpful Information
- Name of author, email, department, & school
- Name of group members (if submitting as a group)
- Name of faculty advisor & email
- Title of research
- Abstract (250 word maximum)
Additional resources for how to write an abstract
View our complete list of URSS sponsors and awards
- Must be a current Duquesne University undergraduate student from any discipline or program.
- Must submit research or scholarship work that has been initiated or is in process during academic enrollment at Duquesne.
- Must upload presentation to Symposium by ForagerOne.
- Must display a poster at the in-person event on April 19, 2023.
Additional resources for URSS preparation
The URSS Video Competition allows DU undergraduates a creative opportunity to convey
their research or scholarship via a video platform. Students must create a video under 3 minutes, which will be viewed by a panel of judges. Students may submit a video to the Creative Video Competition in addition to participating in the URSS Poster
View additional guidelines for the Creative Video Competition