Duquesne University retirement plan is designed to help employees accumulate the funds they need for a comfortable future.
The plan offers:
- The ability for employees to begin contributing their own money on a pre-tax basis between two carriers: Fidelity and TIAA.
- A wide choice of investment options to customize savings.
- Eligibility for a University contribution that usually begins after 12 months of employment. Eligible employees contribute 5% of base salary while the University contributes 8%. Service requirements may be waived for eligible employees with one year of qualifying service with an educational institution.
- Immediate vesting of contributions, so employees have the right to receive all of the money in their accounts when they leave.
- Contributions and investment earnings grow on a tax-deferred basis in a 403(b) plan until distribution is made.
- Refer to the Summary Plan Description for additional details.
Recent Fund Changes:
Duquesne University has decided to make changes to both Fidelity and TIAA's investment lineups as of May and July 2017, respectively. The update notifications are available via the following links: Fidelity Plan Change Notice and TIAA Plan Change Notice.
Ready to Enroll?
Enrollment for employee contributions requires the completion of these items:
1. Complete a Retirement Plan Salary Reduction Agreement - This form authorizes the University to reduce your salary by the amount you elect.
2. Enrollment Application - An enrollment application is required for each investment company you elect:
- Fidelity Online Enrollment - During the enrollment process, you will be asked for Plan ID 68969
- TIAA Online Enrollment - During the enrollment process you will be asked for a Plan Code. For a Retirement Choice account, this code is RC405488. If you choose a Retirement Choice Plus account, the code is RCP405488
- Are you eligible?
- Need help deciding on funds? Representatives from Fidelity and TIAA are on campus frequently to meet with you and help you decide the best way to invest based on your retirement goals.
- Review Quarterly Reports
- Review the Summary Plan Description for full plan details
In order to stop, increase or decrease the amount you contribute to the retirement plan from your paycheck, complete a new Retirement Plan Salary Reduction Agreement.
If you would like to change the funds you are investing in, please contact the carriers directly.
Fidelity - 1.800.343.0860
TIAA - 1.800.842.2776