Part-time Graduate Clinical Faculty
Faculty Posting Date: January 22, 2018
To Apply: apply.interfolio.com/48464
The Duquesne University School of Nursing (SON) is a nationally recognized pioneer in nursing education. Our nursing faculty is dedicated to creating an educational environment grounded in the practice of ethical, holistic, and culturally competent care for vulnerable populations.
The School of Nursing (SON) is currently seeking Adjunct, Clinical Faculty to teach in our Graduate level programs. This is a distant teaching assignment in our online master's programs. Successful candidates will not need to travel to campus, but will be expected to communicate with administration and faculty via phone, email, and GoToMeeting. The successful candidate will be able to teach at most 6 credits during a term. To learn more about Duquesne University and the School of nursing, visit: www.duq.edu/nursing.
- MSN in Nursing
- 3 years of clinical expertise in subject area to be taught: Primary Care, Pediatrics, Women's Health
- Experience teaching at the graduate level
- Valid/Unencumbered Pennsylvania Nursing License (candidates applying without a PA License, if hired, would need to secure a license prior to beginning teaching assignment)
- If teaching in the Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nursing Practitioner program, a valid/unencumbered CRNP License
National Certification is required, if teaching in the Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nursing Practitioner program
- DNP/PhD in nursing
- Preference will be given to the candidate with successful teaching experience at the university or college level - to include online instruction
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession as evidenced in record of professional leadership or public service, and scholarship
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University uses Interfolio to collect all faculty and staff job applications electronically. Please submit a letter of intent that outlines the reason for application to the position and a personal philosophy of teaching, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three confidential references to http://apply.interfolio.com/48464.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.