New Employee Resource Center
Welcome—We're Glad You're Here
The New Employee Resource Center pulls together online information that is particularly helpful to Duquesne employees in their first weeks and months on the job.
Welcome from President Gormley
Virtual New Employee Orientation Information
Welcome to Duquesne University!
Our virtual New Employee Orientation is a program for new staff members, designed to assist you in your successful journey with the Duquesne University community.
Our Orientation Program, held monthly, serves to provide a broad overview of information and resources that will assist you as you begin your position here. In joining Duquesne, you are invited to share and live the University's mission, learn about our history and discover valuable resources
You will have the opportunity to meet with other new employees as well as representatives from several departments - all in an effort to enhance your work life here at Duquesne.
New employees will be registered for the next available orientation.
Important Resources for New Employees
- Looking for the next virtual new employee orientation? View the 2021 Virtual New Employee Orientation schedule and register in MyLEAD to attend.
- Need information about how to complete the required COVID-19 training? Review the COVID-19 Awareness Training Guide, and complete this training in MyLEAD.
- Already attended orientation, and would like the PowerPoint presnetations shown during training?
Please contact Learning & Development, 412-396-5774, with any questions.
Faculty and Graduate Students Orientation Information
The Center for Teaching Excellence offers programs to welcome and orient all who are new to the teaching community at Duquesne, as well as colleagues who are making the transition to a new role (e.g., moving from adjunct or TA to full-time faculty). Click here for more information.
Discover a wide range of employee learning programs
Check out Human Resources Training and Development opportunities.
Once you have received your Multipass credentials you will be able to access the below Training and Tools.
- Learn about required training on gender discrimination and sexual misconduct
- -- view training completion information via DORI portal
- Information on FERPA training for staff and faculty on confidentiality of student information
- Where to get your Duquesne ID card
- Arrange for a parking permit
- -- view current employee parking permit rates via DORI portal,
- Know who to contact for accounts and services: University information and contact list
To make your life a little easier we offer the following resources:
- Omega Federal Credit Union
- Child Care on Campus
- Contact Information for Benefits Providers
- Lytle EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Duquesne Computer Store
- Emergency Situations
- DU Alert (Weather/Emergency Notification System)
- Public Transit pass information
- PNC's WorkPlace Banking
- Free access to gym and fitness classes