Expand Your Potential through Learning and Development
Duquesne employees can take advantage of many customized learning opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities.
Participating in learning and development programs offers valuable experiences that can lead to:
- Personal and professional development
- Improved job satisfaction and performance
- Career advancement
- Better work-life balance
A Wide Range of Learning Programs
Instructional programs are developed and coordinated through the Office of Human Resources, Learning and Development.
Program offerings include, but are not limited to, the following: technology, people-skills development, leadership, University systems and procedures, and compliance topics. Employees also have an opportunity to learn about a varirty of wellness topics.
Duquesne University values its employees in mind, heart and spirit. All learning opportunites are directly tied to our mission and support of the University's strategic plan.
Quick Links for Current Employees:
- Register for employee learning workshops via MyLEAD. Instructions are located on the DORI - Employee tab (must log in with Multipass)
- Know who to contact for system accounts and key University services: University departmental information and key contact list
- NEW Fall 2021 Training Pathways to Professional Success classes coming soon!
Employee Professional Development opportunities and many training programs are available to employees. Topics begin with understanding the Duquesne University mission and progress to building professional and leadership skills.
- Professional development programs
- Many technology and skill-building workshops held throughout the academic year
- Online resources are provided for on-the-job needs
- Training and Development records training attendance so employee participation can be shared with management and considered in performance reviews
- Current employees can review and register for training opportunities via MyLEAD in the DORI Portal
- NEW: Pathways to Professional Success for Supervisors and Support Staff Employees!
University Enterprise Information Systems
Employees required to use any of the University's information systems receive training that equips them with the skills they need to be successful. These systems are used to track and report management and business operations, finances, student and employee data and donations to the University, among others tasks. For accounts and contact information, view the Quick Links above.
Other Training Resources
Faculty receive training and development from several other Duquesne departments. Some programs are also applicable for staff.
- Academic Affairs Office
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Educational Technology
- Gumberg Library
- Office of Service Learning
- Tuition Remission - Benefits
The Administrative Policies ("TAPs") contain operational policies and procedures pertaining to all areas of the University.
Certain training topics are designed to explain University Administrative Policies and address federal and state law requirements, such as:
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- University Policy on Gender Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct
- Basic Active Shooter Survival Skills
The University makes it easy to be in compliance by reminding employees when training is due, and having it available to complete online, anytime from any computer.
Current employees can review all the employee training opportunities by visiting MyLEAD via DORI.