Duquesne's College Credits while in High School (CCHS) program is an exciting opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to take University courses at Duquesne - at special, reduced tuition rates - and earn up to 30 college credits. It's a great way to prepare for success in college, focus on a class, push yourself academically and learn with college students.
Get a head start while you are still in high school!
Choose from a wide range of classes. While you're a Duquesne CCHS student, you'll have access to:
- Duquesne's library - virtually or on-campus
- The Power Center, 80,000 square feet dedicated to recreation and fitness
- All other student amenities
- Duquesne's park-like campus that's within walking distance of downtown Pittsburgh
How to get started
- Completed your sophomore year of high school
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Include an official high school transcript
- Provide one letter of reference from your high school guidance counselor
Cost and Credit Information:
- Students can take up to two courses each term and receive University credit for courses taken
- Tuition for the 2022-2023 academic year is $357 per credit. Most classes are 100-level courses worth 3 credits each.
- Credits may be applied toward a Duquesne University degree or transferred to many public and private colleges and universities
- If you decide to attend Duquesne University, you will reapply for regular admission
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at admissionsFREEDUQUESNE or (412) 396-6222. We hope to see you on campus soon!