Handshake is the Center for Career Development's online system that assists Duquesne University students and alumni with their job and internship search and much more!
Alumni who graduated prior to May 2018, please go to Handshake and follow the instructions for creating an account. Your alumni status will be verified within two business days, at which time you will receive an email notification confirmation.
Benefits of Handshake
- Access hundreds of job and internship postings.
- Upload your resume and apply for positions.
- Make an appointment with your career consultant.
- Create Saved Searches to have new listings automatically emailed to you.
- View our calendar for upcoming events, such as job fairs, career events, and employer information sessions.
- Participate in the Center for Career Development's On Campus Interview Program.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Login to Handshake with your Duquesne Multipass username and password.
Q: Does my resume need to be approved to apply for positions?
A: No. However, feedback and suggestions for improvement may be provided from the Center for career Development when the resume is uploaded. You may also bring your resume to walk-in hours or make an appointment with your Career Consultant for review and assistance.
Q: How often should I login to Handshake?
A: Check Handshake frequently. Keep your profile and resume updated so employers can find you and the Center for Career Development can keep you updated on events and jobs/internships that may interest you.
Q: My account is inactive. What happened? How can I reactivate it?
A: If you’re a current student, you’ll need to contact the office at 412-396-6644 to inquire about the reason why it was made inactive. Were you a no show for an interview? Check out our No Show Policy for more details.