You will build a better world for everyone upon our legacy of serving others. Be a part of the future of medicine.
Duquesne's Medical School is now accepting applications for our inaugural class starting Fall 2024.
Duquesne's Medical School will aspire to be among the most forward-thinking medical schools in the nation, addressing the two largest problems facing medicine today:
- a shortage of doctors in primary care disciplines and
- a system of pervasive disparities in health care, by racial and socio-economic dimensions, especially in underserved urban and rural communities.
Duquesne is positioned to lead in the future of medicine with:
- World-class education and commitment to excellence that will serve our students and all who they will serve in their future
- Historic strengths in the health sciences and research
- Commitment to serving the vulnerable and marginalized
- Proven track record of effectively addressing health disparities and assisting under-resourced communities
- Excellence in teaching and service with its students
You want to be a doctor, we can help you get there. Contact us directly with any questions about our Medical School or admissions process.
Michael Rice, Ed.D.
Discover & Explore Medicine
650Projected Enrollment at maturity.
50%Of our graduates will enter primary care disciplines.
(family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics)
25%Of our graduates will enter disciplines that support primary care.
(psychiatry, general surgery, and emergency medicine)
Founding Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine
Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs and Associate Professor of Family Medicine
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Associate Dean for Biomedical Affairs
Assistant to Dean Kauffman
Director of Admissions
Chair and Associate Professor of Anatomy
Kassim Traore, Ph.D.
Chair and Professor of Biochemistry
Yanfei Qi, Ph.D., M.D., M.S.
Chair and Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Chair and Professor of Physiology
Director of Student Affairs & Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion