Duquesne University Alumni Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award
The Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award is given to an Alumnus whose performance demonstrates excellence in one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program: Leadership, Diversity, and Technology, and is framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Leadership: A leading teacher is a life-long learner inspiring a community of learners to pursue continuous improvement and growth, who will serve as a practitioner guided by an ethical and moral framework.
Diversity: A leading teacher is an advocate, creating learning experiences that demonstrate sensitivity, acknowledging students of all abilities and valuing human differences.
Technology: A leading teacher is an architect building learning environments that acknowledge and incorporate the power of technology.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- Alumnus of the Duquesne University teacher education program
- Five years of continuous teaching experience after degree was conferred
- Current resumé
- Essay and artifacts
- Two Letters of recommendation from any combination of the following:
- Your Administrator
- Your Colleague
- Parent of Your Current/Former Student
- Your Current/Former Student
Instructions for Essay:
Describe how your accomplishments in teaching and community involvement relate to and exemplify one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program and the Spiritan Tradition of Caring at Duquesne University. Provide specific descriptions and evidence of distinguished performance framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring in at least one LTP Theme area (e.g., artifacts demonstrating impact on student learning, impact on university, P-12 schools, or community-based efforts)
Application Materials Due: March 19
Award: Engraved Plaque
- School of Education Diploma Ceremony
- Announcement in DU Alumni Newsletter (Bulletin From Our Bluff)
- Post on DU Alumni and School of Education Facebook Pages
- Announcement on School of Education Website
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee