Academic Year 2016-2017
September 15, 2016 -- Monthly Speaker: Linda Kinnahan, Professor of English and Hilman Endowed Chair, Duquesne University.
- "Mina Loy's America at War: The Late Poems and Photojournalism's Rise"
October 26th & 27th -- External Speaker: Karen Teel, Professor of Theology, University of San Diego.
- Public Lecture: "The Unbearable Weight of Whiteness"
- Seminar: "Whiteness in Catholic Theological Method"
November 17, 2016 -- Monthly Speaker: Andrew Simpson, Assistant Professor of History, Duquesne University.
- "Healing The Post-Industrial City: Thinking Critically about Academic Medicine and Urban Change"
December 1, 2016 -- Monthly Speaker: Jennifer Josten, Assistant Professor of History of Art and Architecture, University of Pittsburgh.
- "Mathias Goeritz's Modernist Messages: Between Old and New Worlds."
January 19, 2017 -- Monthly Speaker: Dr. Jeffrey McCurry, Director of the Simon Silverman Phenomenology Center, Duquesne University.
- "Phenomenology as A Way of Life."
February 23, 2017 -- Monthly Speaker: Dr. Sylvia Rhor, Professor of Art History, Carlow University.
- "From MLK to March: Comics, Civil Rights, and Social Change."
March 16 & 17, 2017 -- External Speaker: David Seamon, Professor of Architecture, Kansas State University.
- Public Lecture: "Portraying Human Experience Visually and Aesthetically: André Kertész as a Photographer of the Lifeworld"
- Seminar: "Understanding Place Holistically: Cities as Synergistic Relationality"
March 23, 2017 -- Monthly Speaker: Dr. Eva Simms, Professor of Psychology, Duquesne University.
- "Place, Violence, Resilience: Community-Engaged Research in Urban Neighborhoods"