15th National Communication Ethics Conference
The 15th National Communication Ethics Conference was held June 6-8, 2018 (Wednesday through Friday), at the Duquesne University Power Center in Pittsburgh, PA--sponsored by the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies and the Communication Ethics Institute.
The theme for this year's conference centered on Communication Ethics in an Age of Dispute with keynote speakers addressing four content areas:
- Kenneth Andersen*, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Content Area: Communication Ethics and Argument
- Susan Petrilli, University of Bari. Content Area: Communication Ethics and Semiotics
- Patrick Lee Plaisance, The Pennsylvania State University at University Park. Content Area: Communication Ethics and Communities of Practice
- Andre E. Johnson, University of Memphis. Content Area: Communication Ethics and Crisis
* Recipient of the 2018 James A. Jaska Scholar in Residence Award in Communication Ethics