PhD in Nursing Special Status, Non-degree
An individual who is a student in good standing in any doctoral nursing program may be granted Special Student Status to enroll in a course or courses in the Duquesne University School of Nursing PhD Program. A Special Status student is not required to submit an official transcript of credits earned, but must present a statement written and signed by the administrator of the doctoral program in which the student is enrolled, that the student is in good standing and has permission to enroll at Duquesne.
A Special Status student may be required to submit documentation of completion of prerequisite course work for specific PhD courses.
Enrollment as a Special Status student will be allowed only if class size permits.
1. Download and complete the application form:
Special Status Application
2. Submit a copy of current RN license
3. Submit a statement from the administrator of your current doctoral program
4. Submit a check or money order for $50 application fee (nonrefundable), made payable to Duquesne University
5. Send application form, required documents and fee to:
School of Nursing
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282-1760