2022-23 DNVC Winners
- 1st Place ($15,000): Leaficient - developers of technology to reduce energy costs and increase LED light efficiency within Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA). See Leaficient's video pitch.
- 2nd Place ($8,000): Revitalize Energy - energizing eyedrops that relieve the effects of screen fatigue using a patented formulation of stimulants and amino acids. See Revitalize Energy's video pitch.
- 3rd Place ($6,000): Brella Health - producers of raised, flexible bandages for packed wounds that reduce strain on patient skin and allow for fewer dressing changes. See Brella Health's video pitch.
- 4th Place ($3,000): CAUTI-gone - developers of valved urinary catheters that reduce incidence of catheter-associated urinary tract infections. See CAUTI-gone's video pitch.
- 5th Place ($3,000): Ocellux - a mobile screening app for diabetic retinopathy that pairs with a phone-attached ophthalmoscope. See Ocellux's video pitch.
- 6th Place ($2,000): Mixroom Software - a platform for audio professionals with tools, portfolio sharing, and real-time feedback. See Mixroom Software's video pitch.
- 7th Place ($2,000): Freshly - a space-saving breastmilk storage solution that systematically organizes, flash-freezes, and prevents contamination. See Freshly's video pitch.
- 8th Place (2,000): Alert Lift - a garage door alert and opening system for carbon monoxide poisoning prevention. See Alert Lift's video pitch.
2021-22 DNVC Winners
- 1st Place ($15,000): DisSolves, Inc. - the first edible, water-soluble packaging made from all-natural ingredients - won the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business' 2021-2022 Duquesne New Venture Challenge (DNVC). See DisSolves, Inc.'s video pitch.
- 2nd Place ($8,000): Advanced Optronics, LLC - a biocompatible, flexible, implantable surgical sensor which electrically stimulates the auditory nerve to produce new electronic hearing. See Advanced Optronics, LLC's video pitch.
- 3rd Place ($6,000): innovatIVe - a two-layered IV sleeve preventing the intended, or accidental, removal of peripheral intravenous catheters (IVs) by patients in healthcare settings. See innovatIVe's video pitch.
- 4th Place ($3,000): Cerebral Aneurysm Test (CAT-7) - a combination of seven different cytokines used within a patient's blood sample to diagnose a cerebral aneurysm for early diagnosis and risk stratification. See CAT-7's video pitch.
- 5th Place ($3,000): SimBox - a monthly subscription package targeted towards physicians who want simulation-based training and need continuing medical education (CME) credits to maintain their licensures. See SimBox's video pitch.
2020-21 DNVC Winners
- 1st Place ($12,500): SimpL- a computer vision and machine learning based software that analyzes biomechanics to give users real-time feedback about how they perform exercises-won the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business' 2020-2021 Duquesne New Venture Challenge (DNVC). See SimpL's video pitch.
- 2nd Place ($7,500): MindTrace - technology that pairs 3D brain maps with measures of a neurosurgery patient's behavioral performance, simulating surgical resection plans and predicting cognitive outcomes. See MindTrace's video pitch.
- 3rd Place ($5,000): Precision Neuroscopics -novel medical products designed to improve the quality, efficacy and diagnostic capabilities of electroencephalography (EEG) devices. See Precision Neuroscopics video pitch.
- 4th Place ($2,500): CoinRead - a two-sided platform that provides readers with per article content access while allowing publishers to sell content without a recurring subscription. See CoinRead's video pitch.
- 5th Place ($2,500): StudioMe - a "remote studio" platform designed to help customers virtually conduct professional live-streaming, content recording or video conferencing. See StudioMe's video pitch.
2019-20 DNVC Winners
- 1st Place ($10,000): TalkMeUp - an artificial intelligence (AI) smart coach training software that assists users with improving communication skills. See TalkMeUp's video pitch.
- 2nd Place ($7,000): Biomotivate - wearable artificial intelligence (AI) wristbands that can help counselors track patient psychological behavior patterns to encourage those being treated for substance abuse to remain in treatment. See Biomotivate's video pitch.
- 3rd Place ($4,000): LeanMed - innovative medical equipment designed to improve access to healthcare in low-resource regions. See LeanMed's video pitch.
- 4th Place ($2,000): Nollapelli - bedsheets designed to regulate moisture, temperature and friction to promote wellness during sleep. See Nollapelli's video pitch.
- 5th Place ($2,000): Sparkwear - a wristwatch device used during networking events to help event attendees find other guests with similar interests. See Sparkwear's video pitch.
2019-20 DNVC Video Finalists
During Stage I, cash prizes were awarded for Best Video Pitch, based solely on the quality of the pitch itself.
- 1st Place: $2,500 Biomotivate
- 2nd Place: $1,500 Treecup Tea
- 3rd Place: $1,000 Whitehorn Digital